Video Testimonials & Reviews
Upload your video
Additional features, especially designed for the vision impaired include: magnify functions, font controls, volume controls, speech controls, bookmark functions, PDF reading - all of which combine to make this a highly versatile computer companion.
The BookReader comes with OCR and text-to-speech (TTS) software, both of which allow the scanner to copy and read the documents scanned.
To use these features, the user simply places a book or document on the scanning platen and, at with the touch of one button, the book is scanned for your reading pleasure. With a single touch, the Book Reader transforms printed words into audio output which can be saved in MP3 format for archiving and later access.
Embedded OCR guarantees accurate scan results and allows the software to rotate disoriented text to generate a clearer message for the user. The unit comes with Plustek patented SEE Technology which uses a curved lamp to provide a clear scan of the book without distortion along the spine of big, bulky books.
- High quality software design - Plustek Book Reader OCR (Optical Character Recognition) combines the high level of accuracy and format retention. Users could easy process complicated document for their needs.
- Plustek Book Reader TTS (text to speech) software can convert text into remarkably high quality speech.
- File Format - Scanned result will automatically save as plain text format on the hard drive for future use. MP3 and WAV format options are also available.
- Unique utilizes hardware design - SEE (Shadow Elimination Element) Technology, for any book can be placed completely flat against the scanning glass and will result in a perfect scan with no book spine shadow or distorted lines of text.
- Natural Voice - The Plustek Book Reader provides exceptional quality speech output to make your book reading experience more enjoyable.
- Magnify Tool - The user-friendly magnifying tool can be used independent of the Book Reader system and gives you complete access to all other programs you might need enlarged print for; it provides a ¡§see & speak¡¨ function while you are reading the text.
- PDF Available - It is a one step process to create or save into PDF format, you even can read PDF documents from the internet.
- Audio Filing - Scanned documents can be saved in MP3 or WAV format. With the assistance of portable audio devices, you can enjoy reading books anytime and anywhere.
- Color Contrast - The color contrast function increases the visual effectiveness and helps those with colour blindness using certain colour combinations. This allows for a more enjoyable and easy reading situation that is not hard on the eyes.
- Zoom Text - This function provides the ability to enlarge documents to allow for an easier read.
- Hot keys - Simple hot key design to control the functions you need, such as voice volume, forward/backward, reading speed, colour contrast, word spelling, etc.
- Repeating Function - It will allow the user to repeat any of the text with varying degrees (i.e.: word, sentence, paragraph, page) with one button.
- Word spelling - The word spelling function can enhance learning accuracy and pronunciation of words.
- Text Editable - A useful and practical tool to rewrite or modify the scanned documents.
- Dimension (WxDxH) 453 x 285 x 105 mm (18 x 11 x 4 in)
- Net weight: 3.4 kg / 7.5 lb
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, Vista & 7
- PC with Pentium II or faster CPU
- CD-ROM Driver
- One available USB Port
- 128 MB RAM (256MB recommended)
- 500 MB free HDD space
- Head set or speaker
- 2 Year Warranty
- Color Flatbed scanner
- USB Scanner Cable: 150 cm
- Power Adaptor: Output 15V, 1.0A
- Quick Guide
- Setup/Application CD-ROM
Free support is available
|Power source||AC Power|
|Scanning Modes||1 bit Black & White, 16 bit Grayscale, 24 bit Colour, 48 bit Colour|
|Audio||Built in speaker|
|Compatible Systems||Windows 2000, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP|