C Technologies AB warrants that this product is free from defects in materials and function at the time of original purchase and for a period of one year from that date. When the name C Technologies is mentioned in the following text, it means, unless otherwise stated, C Technologies AB (reg. No. 556320-2646), its subsidiaries and retailers. If, during the warranty period, any defect in the product arises due to a deficiency in materials or function, C Technologies pledges to, at C Technologies’ option, either repair or replace the defective product with the same or an equivalent model.
C Technologies, however, takes no responsibility for:
1. Damage caused during shipping, by accidents, malicious damage, modification, incorrect usage, force majeure or any cause beyond the control of C Technologies, including but not limited to lightning, water, fire, public disturbances, riots, strike, war or other similar conflicts.
2. Damage (including but not limited to direct or indirect personal injury, lost profits, fall in production, losses of or alterations to processed information or any other incidental or consequential damages) caused by the product or the usage of the product or because the product cannot be used.
3. Deficient maintenance or a repair performed by unauthorized persons.
4. Incompatibility due to technological developments.
5. Defects caused by external equipment or abnormal wear.
6. Defects caused by normal wear and tear.
7. Damage arising in connection with or as a consequence of upgrading with additions to or alterations of the product, using software or hardware not produced by or approved in writing by C Technologies.
If your C-Pen product requires warranty service you should return the product to the dealer/retailer from whom it was purchased. The product must be packed in original packaging or with sufficient care so as to avoid shipping damage. The original purchaser must be able to show proof of purchase, including date of purchase, with receipt/invoice from point of purchase in order for this warranty to be valid. Repair or exchange does not extend or renew the warranty period. Exchanged defective parts become the property of C Technologies. When the warranty period has expired, the warranty of exchanged/replaced parts also ceases. This product is not to be regarded as having defects in materials or function if it must be rebuilt in order to be modified in accordance with national or local technical safety regulations in a country other than one in which the product was meant to be used.
C Technologies reserves all rights to the product, its hardware, software and trademark. Whoever buys or uses the product has no right to alter, disassemble, reverse engineer or in any other way use any part of the hardware or software in the product, except in the way and for the purposes permitted by law. This warranty does not affect the purchaser’s rights in relation to the retailer in accordance with the purchase agreement, nor the purchaser’s legal rights according to existing, mandatory rules in applicable laws. If there are no such applicable laws or mandatory rules, the purchaser’s rights are limited to those which are stated in this warranty. C Technologies shall not be liable for any incidental or consequential damages for breach of any expressed or implied warranty of this product.