Note: In order to perform Color Calibration you need to print out the ColorCalibration sheet. You can download the file from the installation CD or from the link:http://www.planon.com/drivers.php. Please print the color calibration sheet on photopaper in landscape mode.
The DocuPen is factory calibrated and there should be no need to re-calibrate. Weadvise you to recalibrate only if you experience poor scan quality, e.g. if your scannedimage looks disproportionally stretched (or shrunk) then you need to calibrate therollers.
As a rule, color calibration must be performed before roller calibration
Note: Before starting the calibration procedure please make sure that you havedownloaded our latest DocuPen PenTwain drivers. You can download the driversfrom the CD or the following link: http://www.planon.com/drivers.php
1. Connect the DocuPen toyour computer using the USBcable.
2. Start the Paperport software.
3. Press and hold the left Shiftand Ctrl keys on your keyboardand then click the Scan buttonwithin the Paperport window.The DocuPen Scanner Control window will appear with theCalibration function enabled.
4. In the DocuPen ScannerControl Window, click on Options and select the Calibration function.If you don't see the Calibration function please redostep 3.
5. In the Calibration Setup dialog window - Select Calibrate Roller and confirm by clickingthe OK button
6. You will be prompted to turn theDocuPen ON. Press the Power Onbutton on your DocuPen and Click OK in the PenTwain Dialog window
7. After the memory has been formattedthe Calibration scanning dialogwindow will appear. Please disconnectthe DocuPen from the USB cable andposition it on top of the RollerCalibration sheet.
Please scan the sheet in B&W mode and high resolution.
8. The DocuPen will now save the Calibration image into memory. After the image issaved, please attach the DocuPen to the USB cable. Now press the Power ON button on the DocuPen and click the OK button within the Calibration scanning dialogwindow.
9. The Calibration result dialog window will appear. You should see the roller calibration values to the left. If the accuracy is within 96-104%, you have successfullycalibrated the rollers!
10. Finally,click UploadValues to penbutton in theCalibrationresult dialogwindow tosend the calibrationresultto theDocuPen.You will beprompted toturn theDocuPen ON.
Press the Power ON button on the DocuPen and click OK in the dialog window - this will store the new values.
You have successfully recalibrated your DocuPen!