If you encounter problems with your scanner, please review the installation instructions and troubleshooting suggestions contained in this guide.
For further assistance call our customer support phone number listed on the last page of this guide. One of our representatives will be happy to assist you from Monday through Friday in office working hours as shown below:
9:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m. (CET)
Other Countries or Areas
9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. Taiwan Time
To avoid delays, please have the following information available before calling:
• Scanner name and model number
• Scanner serial number (Located at the bottom of the scanner)
• A detailed description of the problem
• Your computer manufacturer and its model number
• The speed of your CPU (Pentium 133, etc.)
• Your current operating system and BIOS (optional)
• Name of software package(s), version or release number and manufacturer of the software
• Other USB devices installed
Statement of Limited Warranty
This Statement of Limited Warranty applies only to the options you originally purchase for your use, and not for resale, from an authorized reseller.
The manufacturer warranty includes all parts and labor, and is not valid without the receipt of original purchase. To obtain warranty service, you may contact the authorized dealer or distributor, or visit our website to check out the available service information, or send a request via E-mail for further help.
If you transfer this product to another user, warranty service is available to that user for the remainder of the warranty period. You should give your proof of purchase and this statement to that user.
We warrant that this machine will be in good working order and will conform to its functional descriptions in the documentation provided. Upon provision of proof of purchase, replacement parts assume the remaining warranty of the parts they replace.
Before presenting this product for warranty service, you must remove all programmes, data and removable storage media. Products returned without guides and software will be replaced without guides and software.
This Limited Warranty service does not provide for carry-in exchange when the problem results from accident, disaster, vandalism, misuse, abuse, unsuitable environment, programme modification, another machine or non-vendor modification for this product.
If this product is an optional feature, this Limited Warranty applies only when the feature is used in a machine for which it was designed.
If you have any questions about your Limited Warranty, contact the approved retailer from whom you bought the product or the manufacturer.
THIS LIMITED WARRANTY REPLACES ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABLITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. HOWEVER, SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES. IF THESE LAWS APPLY, THEN ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED IN DURATION TO THE WARRANTY PERIOD. NO OTHER WARRANTIES APPLY AFTER THAT PERIOD.
Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply.
Under no circumstances are we liable for any of the following:
1. Third party claims against you for losses or damages.
2. Loss of, or damage to, your records or data; or
3. Economic consequential damages (including lost profits or savings) or incidental damages, even if we are informed of their possibility.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
FCC Radio Frequency Statement
This equipment has been tested and found to comply with the limits for a Class B digital device, pursuant to part 15 of the FCC rules. These limits are designed to provide reasonable protection against harmful interference in a residential installation.
This equipment generates, uses and can radiate radio frequency energy and, if not installed and used in accordance with the instructions, may cause harmful interference to radio communications. However, there is no guarantee that interference will not occur in a particular television reception (which can be determined by turning the equipment off and on), the user is encouraged to try to correct the interference by one or more of the following measures:
• Reorient or relocate the receiving antenna.
• Increase the separation between the equipment and receiver.
• Connect the equipment to an outlet on a circuit different from that which the receiver is connected.
• Shielded interconnect cables and shielded power cord which are supplied with this equipment must be employed with this equipment to ensure compliance with the pertinent RF emission limits governing this device.
• Consult the dealer or an experienced radio/TV technician for help if the conditions persist.
• Changes or modifications not expressly approved by the manufacturer or authorized service center could void the user’s authority to operate this equipment.