What is it?
This Individual Education Plan (IEP) or Individual Learning Plan (ILP) is an assessment tool that can be used to monitor a learner’s progress over time. It provides a framework to assess the impact of a support strategy.
The structured action points in this C-Pen Reader 2 IEP, provides you with a framework to complete a comprehensive literacy intervention program. The completed document will show thoroughly evidenced outcomes.
Use this document to assess and evidence the impact of the C-Pen Reader 2 strategy.
Why is it useful?
The completed document provides evidence showing the effectiveness of the C-Pen Reader 2 intervention strategy.
It evidences how C-Pen Reader 2 is used as part of your schools literacy provision.
It will help you track improvement in learning. It also tracks wellbeing and self esteem gains from using the C-Pen Reader 2.
This document has value in the following ways:
- To evidence individual progress
- To identify appropriate strategies for an individual's literacy support package
- It is a thorough record of the support that you have provided
- It is part of your school-wide literacy improvement strategy
- For Funding further C-Pen Reader 2 interventions:
If you are making a bid to purchase more C-Pen Reader 2s, this IEP will support your case study or package of evidence.
Evidence is often a requirement when bidding for Pupil Premium, Literacy Catch Up funding, Extended Schools or Deprivation grants.
- As part of your provision map
This is a ready-made document with key points for consideration in place.
If you are planning a literacy intervention, it scaffolds the process into Assess, Plan, Do and Review.
- Assess – What evidence is needed to collect to establish a baseline?
- Plan – Who are the stakeholders in this plan and what do they need to know?
- Do – How will C-Pen Reader 2 be used and who will support the intervention?
- Review – What is the evidence of progress? How effective was the C-Pen Reader 2 intervention?
How can I use it to best support a learner’s progress?
SENCo’s are always collating evidence for a variety of purposes. This document can be used in the following ways:
- as an individual IEP for literacy support, that will include use of a C-Pen Reader 2
- as an evidence gathering tool to monitor the scope of literacy strategies being used in individual classrooms.
- as part of a Graduated Response and evidence gathering tool when writing EHCNA / Education Health Care Plan applications.
- Where proof of intervention support needs to be provided to a tribunal
- Where evidence of support is requested by IASS or an external assessor
- As part of your OFSTED evidence package
The Intent, Implementation and Impact C-Pen Reader 2 IEP is part of The Literacy Passport – Reading Strategies and Transition Documents